Director and Head:
Janusz Andrzej Skowronek, MD
The Cardiovascular Centre admitted its first patient with a diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction on 12 December 2013. The centre offers 24-hour haemodynamic services.
Since 1 April 2014, the centre has been offering outpatient specialist health care in the field of cardiology under contract with the National Health Fund.
The Cardiovascular Centre includes, among others:
• thirteen-bed Cardiology Unit
• four-bed Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
• ten-bed Vascular Surgery Unit
• six-bed Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Unit
• Cardiac outpatient clinic
• Resuscitation room
• Operating Block
• Laboratory of Haemodynamics
• Laboratory of Computer Tomography
The centre offers, among others:
- Treatment for acute coronary syndromes (myocardial infarction, unstable angina)
- Diagnostic non-invasive services (echocardiography, ECG, stress test, Holter)
- Diagnosis and treatment in the area of invasive cardiology (coronary catheterization and peripheral arterial angiography: carotid, renal, iliac, femoral arteries).
The above-mentioned services affect the assessment of the severity of the disease.
Procedures performed at the centre do not require long hospitalization (1 to 2 days) and enable rapid rehabilitation and the return to an active life.